This is an old post that my good friend Josh Green shared with me some time ago. I find myself always looking back on this list to see what qualities I can improve on for myself or the people around me.
Tony Morgan from www.TonyMorganLive.com gives us 10 simple clues not on spotting good leaders, but spotting bad leaders.
Is there anything else you think we could add to this list?
10 Easy Ways to Know You’re Not a Leader
- You’re waiting on a bigger staff and more money to accomplish your vision.
- You think you need to be in charge to have influence.
- You’re content.
- You tend to foster division instead of generating a helpful dialogue.
- You think you need to say something to be heard.
- You find it easier to blame others for your circumstances than to take responsibility for solutions.
- It’s been some time since you said, “I messed up.”
- You’re driven by the task instead of the relationships and the vision.
- Your dreams are so small, people think they can be achieved.
- No one is following you.