If’ you’re not starting your online marketing then you are seriously hurting yourself. It doesn’t have to be anything too complicated or strategic, but simply maintaining a Facebook or Twitter account may be enough to keep you in the loop.
Have a blog? Even better! The digital age is upon us and getting familiar with it is a necessity for you and your business to survive.
It’s quite a different market here in the Philippines where the internet is just now emerging as a platform for advertising and marketing. Even now, in 2010, it still has yet to reach it’s full potential. It may actually be a few more years before we actually see what the internet is fully capable of doing. That’s why the internet bloggers, marketers, twitters and SEOers of TODAY will be the sought after leaders and experts when that time comes for Asia, and the Philippines in particular, to use the full potential of the internet.
Want to learn more about the net? Well I recommend starting a blog, getting a Twitter account and maintaining your Facebook account on a regular basis. Just start with that. On Twitter, follow the experts I mentioned in an earlier post (Top Twitters to Follow on Twitter) and you should start getting info on how to go about with online marketing and branding.
Some interesting facts and statistics from the video:
- 1.7 billion internet users worldwide
- Philippines ranks #18 in top users
- 14 million Filipinos online in 2008
- 28 million Filipinos online in 2010 (equal to entire population of Malaysia)
- 83% are on social networking sites
- 90% read blogs (of over 300,000 Pinoy bloggers)
- 6 out of 10 Filipino kids are online
- Asked if you were stuck on an island, “What would you bring?”
- 4% TV
- 20% cellphone
- 32% laptop computer
- 25,200,000 Filipinos watch videos online
- 5.5 million Pinoys browse the web on their mobile phones
- In 2014 there will be 41 million Filipinos online (if the world doesn’t end in 2012)
Very interesting numbers to think about. So, how are you going to communicate to your audience TODAY????
Thanks to my friend, and new media marketing guru, Carlo Ople of CarloOple.com and NewMedia.ph for sharing this very insightful video with me.
So what do you think is the Importance of New Media Marketing TODAY?