“If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived…” A-MAZING video! =) will brighten your day.
Famous Last Words
It was provoking for me…so I thought you all might enjoy it too.
*Thanks to Kristen “Ace” Nevarez
Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
– Francisco (“Pancho”) Villa
Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies.
– Voltaire (attributed), when asked by a priest to renounce Satan
Get these fucking nuns away from me.
– Norman Douglas
Don’t worry…it’s not loaded…
– Terry Kath, rock musician in the band Chicago Transit Authority as he put the gun he was cleaning to his head and pulled the trigger.
Is someone hurt?
– Robert F. Kennedy, to his wife directly after he was shot and seconds before he fell into a coma.
Die, my dear? Why that’s the last thing I’ll do!
– Groucho Marx
Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!
– Karl Marx, asked by his housekeeper what his last words were
I’ll be in Hell before you start breakfast!
– “Black Jack” Ketchum, notorious train robber
I have a terrific headache.
– Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who died of a massive cerebral hemorrhage
I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.
– Richard Feynman
Drink to me!
– Pablo Picasso
I have not told half of what I saw.
– Marco Polo, Venetian traveller and writer
Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking towards me, without hurrying.
– Jean Cocteau
Dammit… Don’t you dare ask God to help me.
– Joan Crawford. This comment was directed towards her housekeeper who began to pray aloud.
Lord help my poor soul
– Edgar Allan Poe
Thank God. I’m tired of being the funniest person in the room.
– Del Close, improvisor, teacher and comedian, died 1999
I have tried so hard to do right.
– Grover Cleveland, US President, died 1908
I don’t have the passion anymore, and so remember, it’s better to burn out than to fade away. Peace, Love, Empathy. Kurt Cobain.
– Kurt Cobain (in his suicide note), Lead singer for American grunge band Nirvana, referencing a song by Neil Young.
In keeping with Channel 40’s policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts and in living color, you are going to see another first — attempted suicide.
– 30-year-old anchorwoman Christine Chubbuck, who, on July 15, 1974, during technical difficulties during a broadcast, said these words on-air before producing a revolver and shooting herself in the head. She was pronounced dead in hospital fourteen hours later.
It’s very beautiful over there.
– Thomas Edison
Now why did I do that?
– General William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813.
Don’t worry, relax!
– Rajiv Gandhi, Indian Prime Minister, to his security staff minutes before being killed by a suicide bomber attack.
No! I didn’t come here to make a speech. I came here to die.
– Crawford Goldsby, aka Cherokee Bill, when asked if he had anything to say before he was hanged.
I really need a therapist’
– Christopher Grace, an actor who killed himself during a matinee performance of Greece
I know you’ve come to kill me. Shoot, you are only going to kill a man.
– Che Guevara
I’m tired of fighting.
I see black light.
– Victor Hugo
LSD, 100 micrograms I.M.
– Aldous Huxley To his wife. She obliged and he was injected twice before his death.
I’m bored with it all.
– Winston Churchill, before slipping into a coma and dying nine days later.
I know not what tomorrow will bring.
– Fernando Pessoa, Portuguese poet
Jesus, I love you. Jesus, I love you.
– Mother Teresa
Don’t disturb my circles!
I hope the exit is joyful and hope never to return.
– Frida Kahlo
Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool – good luck. (suicide note)
– George Sanders, Actor
They couldn’t hit an elephant at this distance.
– General John Sedgwick, Union Commander in the U.S. Civil War, who was hit by sniper fire a few minutes after saying it
Dying is easy, comedy is hard.
– George Bernard Shaw
– Frank Sinatra
Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius. Will you remember to pay the debt?
My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.
– Oscar Wilde
*Thanks to Kristen “Ace” Nevarez